- Museum Accession No.: EA1978.698
- Catalogue No.: 34.
- Object type: Tankard
- Kiln/Location: Blue-and-white, Arita
- Period/Date: c. 1680-1700
- Dimensions: H. 19.1 cm, D. 16.3 cm. Illegible mark on base
- Provenance: Reitlinger gift
- Description: Pear-shaped tankard. Loop handle, pierced at top for a mount, reinforced foot. Underglaze blue Transitional style decoration. On body, three panels of landscape scenes, birds on branches, two figures under a parasol and a mountain
river scene with birds against background of karakusa. Karakusa bands around rim and handle. Double line around foot.
See nos, 32,33.
- Similar Example: