- Museum Accession No.: EA1978.583
- Catalogue No.: 255
- Object type: Saucer
- Kiln/Location: Kakiemon, Arita
- Period/Date: c. 1700
- Dimensions: H. 2.3 cm, D. 12.4 cm
- Provenance: Reitlinger gift
- Description: Saucer. Wide, flat, petalled rim. Wide, flat biscuit footrim within three bracket feet. Kakiemon palette, no yellow, with traces of gold. Central red ho-o bird whose tail forms a ring. On wide rim, a frieze of two sets of lotuses, one with gilding inside a red cartouche, the other with no cartouche, with leaves painted alternately blue and turquoise.
Larger pieces with bracket-feet are well known, but in this small size, such feet are very rare. For a very similar dish, see The Burghley Porcelains, 1986, no. 112.
- Similar Example: